Brightonfilm


Directory of cinemas in Brighton & Hove

< Previous | Next >

Gaiety Theatre

No images have been found.

Park Crescent Place, Brighton
operated 1897-1900

Opened on 31 October 1876 as Ginnett's Royal Circus.
1897 Becomes the Gaiety Theatre, under the management of J & F Abrahams. Along with melodramas, music hall bills include Professor Lear's Kinematographe, a moving picture music hall act also known as Professor Lear's Eragraph, Bioscope and Bio-Tableaux, using a standard projector.
1898 Owned by George Evans and Fred Dunkin, who also own the Eden Theatre (see Grand Cinema Theatre).
1900 Closes.
The site was bought by the Fryco mineral water company, which remained here until 1930. Now flats.

Brighton cinema directory
< Previous | Next >

Return to previous page

Page updated 6 March 2018
David Fisher