The Novelty Electric was approximately the fifth building from the left
in this view of West Street before the re-development of the west side. (Mrs E Macauley's bow-fronted apartment building was no 22.)
Novelty Electric Theatre (1911-1912 and 1913) Ritz Cinema (1912-1913)
27 West Street, Brighton operated 1911-1913
1911 Opened by W Harold Speer, owner of the Queen's Electric Theatre. The premises were formerly used for a penny bazaar. 1912 Acquired by Mrs Adelaide Wheatcroft, a 71-year-old well-to-do widow from Worthing. The cinema is renamed the Empire Electric Theatre. 1913 Again called the Novelty Theatre, continuous shows 14:00-23:00. 1913 late Closed.
• Demolished in 1934. National House now occupies the site on the corner of Regency Road.